This is the official page for Rachel’s ramblings and awesomeness. Need I say more?
Okay fine, here’s also a fun recipe for hot chocolate that tastes like an Almond Joy. I made it up one day when I was tired and needed a boost. It was amazing. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch Unsweetened Cocoa
- Dash salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 4 cups (1 qt.) milk
- 1/3 cup hot water
- (OPTIONAL) Miniature marshmallows or sweetened whipped cream, and shredded coconut flakes
- Stir together sugar, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan; stir in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Add milk; stirring constantly, heat to serving temperature. Do Not Boil.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla and coconut oil. Beat with rotary beater or whisk until foamy. Serve topped with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired. Five 8-oz. servings.